Genesis Water Chemistry
Water chemistry must be balanced before start up the Genesis device.
*****IF THE WATER IS NOT PROPERLY BALANCED - THE GENESIS WILL NOT CREATE BROMINE.*****
pH ideal range 7.2 - 7.8 (7.6 being the optimum), test pH on a weekly basis.
Alkalinity ideal range 80 - 120 ppm, test Alkalinity on a monthly basis.
Calcium hardness 150 - 400 ppm, test yearly.
Phosphates - level should be less than 100 ppb
- Follow the label instructions based on your tub size
- We recommend Leisure Time, Biolab, and Blue Wave products.
- See us we have Leisure Time products
- If pH is low (below 7.2) raise by using a base baking soda or soda ash product
- If pH is high (above 7.8) lower by using a muriatic acid or sodium bisulfate product
- If Alkalinity is low (below 80) add baking soda product
- If Alkalinity is high (above 120) add sodium bisulfate product
- If calcium is low (below 150) add a calcium chloride product
- If calcium is high (above 400) partially drain the tub and refill with fresh water
- Total Dissolved Solids are a combination of metals, minerals and other organic materials in your water.
- Phosphates are contaminants that come from products such as fertilizer, soap, shampoo, lotion, and